In a technology driven world where we are trained to look for the next best thing and stay on the cutting edge, it’s important to create a company culture that drives loyalty. A culture of wellbeing produces healthy, loyal, happy, and productive associates.
Here are some great wellbeing ideas to consider implementing at your workplace:
- Give back. Align your business with a charity and give back to the community. Offer a wellbeing challenge to your employees, and commit to donating a certain amount if a pre-determined percentage of your employees participate in and complete the challenge. This places ownership in their hands, and allows them to come together as a team to make it happen!
- Offer unique incentives. Make sure they align with company culture and wellbeing programming. One example is to provide extra PTO, or even a vacation voucher for meeting a wellbeing goal. Not only does this encourage participation in healthy behaviors, but also promotes work/life balance.
- Take some of the burden off your employees’ backs. Offer onsite childcare, dry cleaning services, free or discounted gym memberships, and healthy meal options. Make it easy and convenient for them to focus on their wellbeing. You will find they are more focussed and productive while at work if they aren’t thinking about the list of things they need to do when they get home.
- Provide a space in the office that is relaxing. Allows your employees to decompress and step away for a few minutes. Keep it simple by designating a corner of the office, or the break room, to de-stressing by offering stress less activities. Some great examples and things that work well in our office are, adult coloring books, LEGOs, puzzles and sand art. Want to go bigger? Set up a ping pong table, or an arcade game.
- Allow your employees to bring their best friends to work. By that, we mean dogs! It has been shown that having your dog join you at work can help reduce stress and anxiety.
What unique programs does your company implement for employee wellbeing and how successful have they been? As always, we want to hear about them. Let us know in the comment section below!